Founded in 1978 with the original release of "City Slang," Orchide Records was designed to facilitate the release of recordings by Sonic's Rendezvous and a select group of other Detroit artists.
True to form, the mission continues.
• Products available are authentic materials, accept no cheap imitations.
• The Sonic master recordings have been produced from original source tapes. Unlike the assorted and illegitimate knockoffs, absolutely no multi-generation cassettes were used in the Orchide (and Mack Aborn Rhythmic Arts ) releases.
• An extremely limited number of original print show posters will be added shortly, specific requests and inquiries are welcomed via the contact page.
• Wearables, posters and other items are produced from original artwork designs, absolutely no cheap knock-offs or inauthentic simulations.
• Additional items currently in production are added as they become available.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Note: Orchide Records, the successor-in-interest to the Mack Aborn Rhythmic Arts catalogue, has obtained very limited quantities of the Sweet Nothing and City Slang albums.
Released in 1998 and 1999, respectively, these original manufacture LPs and CDs are being made available at below market prices while supplies last.
ORCHIDE - STEADILY PULSATING FROM DETROIT'S WOODWARD CORRIDOR.